Dear Friends and members of WFMH
As we could down to 10/10/20 World Mental Health Day, I want to say a big thank you.
We are stronger together. Each of you has come forward to express your thoughts about mental health and mental illness, and this contributes to raising mental health awareness globally. Our Royal Parton, HRH Princess Iman Afzan Al-Sultan Adbullah has launched a green ribbon campaign to encourage people to talk about mental health. My special thanks to His Majesty King Abdullah Ri’ayathuddinAl-Mustafa Billah Shah of Malaysia for his support initiating the green ribbon campaign.
Through twitters support we have the following hashtags associated with the WFMH emoji so let’s tweet:
The WFMH 2020 WMHD Call to Action urges us all to:
- Recognise and respond to racism in all its forms as a threat to health and wellbeing across the lifespan
- Stimulate and accelerate efforts to achieve the SDG targets
- Invest in social and behavioural interventions
- Ensure access to quality and affordable mental health care and primary care
- Reduce disparities in mental health care
Please remember to send us news and photographs of your local World Mental Health Celebrations to include in our Christmas Bulletin at WMHD2020@wfmh.global. We look forward to hearing from you and have a great World Mental Health Day 2020.